We (Matthew and Carmen of Caffeinated Zen, LLC) run this site and would love for you to use it. This site, blog, forum, photos, and any related services are designed to educate and entertain, and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you write, and please be respectful. Being critical is fine, but rudeness and personal attacks are not. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your writing or what you link to (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
That’s the gist of it. Thanks also to the good folks at Automattic (responsible for great creations like WordPress.com), who have made their more comprehensive Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means that you can borrow some or all of their wording for your own Terms of Service.
Which is what we did.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Caffeinated Zen LLC., acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, if you are not 13 years old please stop reading, put down the computer and go to bed, you may come back after you have turned 13 years old. Ask your parents.
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;* if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;* you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;* the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);* the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;* your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;* your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog or comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and* you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Caffeinated Zen LLC. or otherwise.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Caffeinated Zen LLC. has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Caffeinated Zen LLC.’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Caffeinated Zen LLC.’s reasonable opinion, violates any Caffeinated Zen LLC. policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Caffeinated Zen LLC.’s sole discretion.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. Caffeinated Zen LLC. has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Caffeinated Zen LLC. does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Caffeinated Zen LLC. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com links, and that link to www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com. Caffeinated Zen LLC. does not have any control over those non-www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com website or webpage, Caffeinated Zen LLC. does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Caffeinated Zen LLC. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Caffeinated Zen LLC. asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Caffeinated Zen LLC. in accordance with standard Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. Caffeinated Zen LLC. will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Caffeinated Zen LLC. or others, Caffeinated Zen LLC. may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, Caffeinated Zen LLC. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Caffeinated Zen LLC..
5. Corrections, Suggestions, and Complaints. We welcome comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, on the Website that warrant correction. Comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, can be submitted through email to the account legal at SameTribeDifferentVibe.com Caffeinated Zen LLC, as well as any affiliated companies, welcome comments and suggestions on, as well as complaints about errors in any of our content that warrant correction.
6. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Caffeinated Zen LLC. to you any Caffeinated Zen LLC. or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Caffeinated Zen LLC.. Caffeinated Zen LLC., www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com, and any other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with www.SameTribeDifferentVibe.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Caffeinated Zen LLC; or licensors of affiliated companies. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Caffeinated Zen LLC. or third-party trademarks. You hereby grant Caffeinated Zen LLC. an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any Content you post on or in connection with the Website or Caffeinated Zen LLC. services or the promotion thereof and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with Caffeinated Zen LLC. or the promotion thereof.
7. Changes. Caffeinated Zen LLC. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Caffeinated Zen LLC. may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
8. Termination. Caffeinated Zen LLC. may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Caffeinated Zen LLC. and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Caffeinated Zen LLC. nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
10. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Caffeinated Zen LLC., or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Caffeinated Zen LLC. under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Caffeinated Zen LLC. shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
12. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Caffeinated Zen LLC., its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Caffeinated Zen LLC and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Caffeinated Zen LLC, or by the posting by Caffeinated Zen LLC of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Caffeinated Zen LLC may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
We, the Operators of this Website, provide it as a public service to our users.
The Operators are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Operators do not intentionally collect information from minors, and the Operators do not target its web site to children.
Links to Non-Operators Web Sites
Types of Information We Collect
How We Use Your Information
The Operators may use non-personal data that is aggregated for reporting about the Operators’s web site usability, performance, and effectiveness. It may be used to improve the experience, usability, and content of the site.
The Operators may use personal information to provide services that support the activities of the Operators’s members and their collaboration on the Operators’s standards and projects. When accessing the Operators’s members-only web pages, your personal user information may be tracked by the Operators in order to support collaboration, ensure authorized access, and enable communication between members.
Credit card information may be collected to facilitate membership applications; or if you purchase a product or service from our website, such information will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services requested. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes. Payment processing services may be provided by a third-party payment service, and a management company external to the Operators may provide support for the financial activities of the Operators. the Operators may share your personal information with its partners to facilitate these transactions.
In keeping with our open process, the Operators may maintain publicly accessible archives for the majority of our activities. For example, posting an email to any of the Operators’s-hosted public mail lists or discussion forums, subscribing to one of our newsletters or registering for one of our public meetings may result in your email address becoming part of the publicly accessible archives.
On some sites, anonymous users are allowed to post content and/or participate in forum discussions. In such a case, since no user name can be associated with such a user, the IP address number of a user is used as an identifier. When posting content or messages to a Operators site anonymously, your IP address may be revealed to the public.
If you are a registered member of an Operators’s website or email list, you should be aware that some items of your personal information may be visible to other members and to the public. The Operators’s member databases may retain information about your name, e-mail address, company affiliation (if an organizational member), and such other personal address and identifying data as you choose to supply. That data may be visible to other of the Operators’s members and to the public. Your name, e-mail address, and other information you may supply also may be associated in the Operators’s publicly accessible records with the Operators’s various committees, working groups, and similar activities that you join, in various places, including: (i) the permanently-posted attendance and membership records of those activities; (ii) documents generated by the activity, which may be permanently archived; and, (iii) along with message content, in the permanent archives of the Operators’s e-mail lists, which also may be public.
Please remember that any information (including personal information) that you disclose in public areas of our web site, such as forums, message boards, and news groups, becomes public information that others may collect, circulate, and use. Because we cannot and do not control the acts of others, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information about yourself or others in public forums such as these.
If you do not want your personal information collected and used by the Operators, please do not visit the Operators’s web site or apply for membership of any of the Operators’ websites or email lists.
Access to and Accuracy of Member Information
The Operators are committed to keeping the personal information of our members accurate. All the information you have submitted to us can be verified and changed. In order to do this, please email us a request. We may provide members with online access to their own personal profiles, enabling them to update or delete information at any time. To protect our members’ privacy and security, we also may take reasonable steps to verify identity, such as a user ID and password, before granting access to modify personal profile data. Certain areas of the Operators’s web sites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords or other personal identifiers; a password prompt is your indication that a members-only resource is being accessed.
The Operators make every effort to protect personal information by users of the web site, including using firewalls and other security measures on its servers. No server, however, is 100% secure, and you should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential information about yourself on any web site, including this one. Much of the personal information is used in conjunction with member services such as collaboration and discussion, so some types of personal information such as your name, company affiliation, and email address will be visible to other the Operators’s members and to the public. The Operators assume no liability for the interception, alteration, or misuse of the information you provide. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please use care when use access this web site and provide personal information.
From time to time the Operators may email you electronic newsletters, announcements, surveys or other information. If you prefer not to receive any or all of these communications, you may opt out by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements.
legal [at] caffeinatedzen dot com.
Disclosure of Material Connection:
Some of the links in the post here are called “affiliate links,” which means if you click on the link and purchase an item that we have suggested, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers/viewers, not all products that we feature or discuss are affiliate, sometimes we just love a product and have to share.
We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”
2. Categories of Cookies We May Use
We may use the following categories of cookies on our Platform:
– In medium mixing bowl, stir dry ingredients and set aside.
– In large mixing bowl, beat together the fat and sugar at medium speed until well combined for about 1 minute.
– Add ingredients slowly in this order, almond butter and vanilla extract until combined, the egg, then the dry flour mixture until combined. Finally stir in half of the chocolate chips.
(If using coconut sugar place bowl into the refrigerator for one hour until the mixture is firm.)
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
– Roll dough into 8 balls and place the remaining chocolate chips on top and sides of the balls.
– Place onto the baking sheet and press the dough down lightly with the palm of your hand.
– Bake for 10-20 minutes until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet.
– Remove from oven as they will continue to cook on the cookie sheet.
– Let cool on baking sheet and then eat a few before storing in airtight container for up to 3 days. .
legal [at] caffeinatedzen dot com
Please subscribe to our newsletter here. We would love to share interesting antidotes and witty travel commentary with you more easily.
We dislike spam as well and promise to only send you relevant, educational, and fun content. You can unsubscribe at any time and we promise not to share or sell your email with anyone else.